Earth First Pest Control - Frequently Asked Questions
Our top priority is safety. All of our service professionals have been trained on the proper application of materials to ensure a safe and healthy environment for your family and pets. All professional pest control products we use have been registered for use by the United States EPA.
Because we use low toxicity chemicals, you can usually stay home during the treatment. On rare occasion, spider and flea treatments may require you to leave for 2 - 3 hours. Roaches, ants, mice and just about everything else can be taken care of while you're relaxing on the living room couch.
Another great benefit of low toxicity chemicals is virtually odorless pest control. No longer do you need to be reminded that you received extermination by a nasty, lingering odor. Some treatments will actually smell like a pine forest.
We are licensed by the California Structural Pest Control Board in Sacramento:
Structural Pest Control Board
2005 Evergreen Street
Sacramento, CA 95815
We are registered in the City of Los Angeles and we are fully insured.
Absolutely. We stand behind all of our work. Should any problems arise within a reasonable amount of time after the completion of the job, we will return for no extra charge, completely hassle-free.
1. Inspect and seal any cracks and holes outside your home. Make sure vents are screened and gaps around windows and doors are sealed.
2. Check around the perimeter of your home for leaky faucets and anything that allows moisture to pool around the base of your home.
3. Eliminate debris from gutters.
4. Trim tree branches and shrubbery around your home, especially if they are touching the building.
5. Store firewood and other wood at least 20 feet away from your home.
1. Keep all kitchen areas clean (including floors) and free of useless clutter. Kitchen appliances should be kept free of spills and crumbs. Clean shelves regularly and store foods such as cereal, flour, and dog food in airtight containers.
2. Keep garbage areas clean. Garbage should be stored in sealed containers and disposed of regularly.
3. Check pipes and pipe areas in the house for leaks, cracks, and gaps and seal and patch any problems if necessary. Leaky faucets should also be fixed.
4. Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. If you have mold and mildew in your home or office crawlspace, it's a symptom of an excess moisture problem.
5. Inspect boxes, grocery bags and other packaging you bring into your home thoroughly. Insects have also been known to come in on potted plants and even in luggage.
Just as you wouldn't prescribe medicine for yourself or drill your own cavities, you shouldn't attempt to control pests on your own. The products and the expertise offered by Earth First Pest Control far surpasses what a homeowner could do on their own. Leave it up to the experts for peace of mind. Why risk it?
Absolutely. Carpenter ants, carpenter bees, and powder post beetles are all categorized as wood destroying insects. That's why it's important to have a professional identify the source of your problem and provide the most effective treatment to control it.
Carpenter ants are both a nuisance and a structural pest that needs to be addressed quickly. If the weather is mild and you happen to see one every few days, further inspection may be necessary. Seeing several daily is cause for concern and treatment may be necessary.
Cockroaches have long been one of the most common household pests in our area. We've developed years of expertise in solving cockroach problems. Our control strategy depends upon the species of cockroach, which is why inspection and identification is an important first step. Upon identification of the species and analysis of the situation, a strategy is developed. Earth First Pest Control technicians utilize baits, carefully placed out of reach of children and pets, to eliminate cockroach populations. In other situations, insect growth regulators, which inhibit the ability of the cockroach to reproduce and grow, are used in combination with other methods. And additionally, we provide information to clients about the ways they can minimize pest immigration and avoid providing harborage for pest populations. So you see, cockroach control is really best achieved through a combination of techniques – an “integrated” approach to pest management.
The house mouse is one of the most common pests triggering a call to Earth First Pest Control. They are best dealt with using an integrated approach including exclusion, sanitation, and population reduction. Usually traps are employed to eliminate mice living inside buildings, but rodenticide baits occasionally have some utility as well. Each property should be inspected and assessed for the best approach to use.
Most moths fall into one of two categories: 1) stored product pest moths, or 2) clothes moths. We can help solve problems with both groups of pests. In both cases, the solution involves identifying the source and eliminating them. In conjunction, a program can be devised to monitor for their presence. Programs vary widely depending on the infestation. Residential services and commercial services can take on radically different approaches and each requires individual assessment.